How do I care for my bowl?
Crystal Singing Bowls are a beautiful and delicate instrument. With proper care and correct maintenance they can remain beautifully radiant for a lifetime. Always handle your bowl with extreme care especially when carrying or transporting. It is essential that only suitable strikers, mallets and rubber o-rings be used.
Just like a crystal if the Crystal Singing Bowl is dropped or knocked it may break. Please take note of the following cautions.
• When moving bowls: Do not pick up from one side only, doing so may result in your bowl cracking.
• Pick up and hold bowl from both sides of rim (with two hands) or from base. Be sure to have its weight fully supported.
• When using your Crystal Singing Bowl ensure the bowl is on an even flat surface with appropriate room to play. When using multiple bowls it is best to have at least 1.5 foot apart.
• Striking the top rim of a Crystal singing bowl may result in cracking and we advise against this action.
• When using the rubber mallet, only the rubber area should touch the bowl, make sure the wooden part does not make contact with the bowl as it can cause it to crack.
• If placing crystals or items inside the bowl, always be very careful, and place a cloth or piece of fabric in the bottom to prevent scratching or cracking the bowl. Dropping items inside may result in breakage.
• To cleanse larger items or crystals such as salt lamps, caves etc. simply place bowl near to the item and play the bowl.
Bowls can become stained through general usage. Both suede and rubber mallets will shed fibers or particles while playing. These particles can lodge into the exterior of bowl, overtime this may have an impact on the bowls sound and vibration.
Routine cleaning of your bowl keeps them free of dust and debris accumulated through storage and use. With regular cleaning bowls often become brighter sounding. We recommend cleaning with demineralised water and mild dishwashing soap.
Use a soft hand cloth (microfiber cloths will stick to frosted bowls) or soft bristle brush (a soft toothbrush is ideal) to do any kind of cleaning. Do not use steel wool/metal, as it will scratch or damage the bowl. Frosted bowls with stains may benefit from a light steam cleaning. A small handheld steam cleaner can be used for this application (but please be gentle).
No matter what you use, always rinse your bowl with clean preferably demineralised water. Bowls can be dried using a hair dryer (on low heat), wiping with towel or let air dry while it sit is upside down on a towel.